The Amazing World of Hats
A hat is a stylish accessory that frames your face, it flatters and protects. A hat can give you confidence and transform an outfit, it makes a statement about how you are feel and who you want to be.
So how do you find one the right hat for you?
When choosing a hat, be open minded – you need to try on lots of different shapes of hats, until you get one that wants to make you ‘stand a little taller.
- View yourself in a full length mirror – you need to make sure the hat balances your body proportions.
- Try on the hat with the outfit and accessories you will be wearing it with. The hat will need to complement your outfit as well as the colour of your hair, eyes and skin.
- Think about your face shape, do you want your hat to highlight your best features, after all, the hat is the most photographed part of your body. If you are wearing glasses, how will they work with the brim?
- Try positioning the hat at different angles – worn horizontally a straight brim can be rather harsh, but at an angle, it can bring height.
- Think about the occasion, is it formal or casual? Check out the dress code – some race meetings have a minimum hat base size. Will people need to see ‘over your head/hat’?
- How will you have your hair? If you are having an elaborate hair style, you might prefer a smaller cocktail or saucer shape hat that perches to one side of your face to avoid a full crown squashing your hat.
- What sort of head-fitting do you prefer? There are some many possibilities – millinery elastic, comb, alice band, slip or a deep crown?
If you would like to commission your own hat and have it uniquely made just for you so that the size, shape, fabric, trim and colour combination suits your appearance and personality please get in contact.